Friday 19 July 2013

Bubo Cup Day 1

     Today was day 1 of Bubo Cup on the Magdalena map. The scale was 1:7500 which I thought would be a problem for me to get use to but I had no problems with it at all. The terrain was very different than what I was used to from Czech Republic. It was a bit of a shock to see so many deep depressions. There were lots of rocks, cliffs and deep depression with some hills. If you lost contact it was very hard to determine what depressions was which on the map.  The ground was very uneven and rocky which made it difficult to run fast. I did fairly well with a few stupid mistakes right near the control, it was hard to pick out what rocks were mapped in some places. I got very confused going to #13 where I swear there was another trail. It was a really warm day around 26C. I Placed 11/22. After the race we went sightseeing to the Predjamski Castle and the Planina cave which are well known in Slovenia. Day 2 tomorrow will be in relatively the same location with very similar terrain as today but with a bit more green and less rock detail.

Results: http://www.orienteeringonline.net/Results.aspx?CompetitionID=816
 
Bubo cup Day 1 July 19, 13

Predjamski Castle

Entrance to the Planina cave

Train on,
Damian

No comments:

Post a Comment