Thursday 10 October 2013

COC Preview

The Canadian Orienteering Championships are set to start tomorrow night in Hamilton, Ontario, starting with the Sprint (CC/WRE) at McMaster University followed by the Middle (CC/WRE) and Long (CC) in the Dundas Valley area. After struggling with a lingering knee injury from July that happened while racing in Europe it is finally getting back to normal. I have prepared for the Sprint more than any other race and I am feeling confident that I can fight for the gold and hopefully pick up two more medals. It looks like it will be a very fast course tomorrow. Another goal for this season was to win the Canada Cup Elite Series and I am in good shape to achieve that but these last three races will be the most important as they are worth double the points. I would have extended my lead even more if the AOA Champs did not count for CC points but apparently they are counting those races for points now which is the opposite of what I was told. I planned my training and racing schedule based on the fact that there would be no Canada Cup point at these races. None the less the competition looks fierce and the fall weather looks to be superb racing weather.

The current Canada Cup standings are here: http://www.orienteering.ca/pdfs/2013/2013_CanadaCupEliteSeries_Scoring_Sept.pdf

Results will be posted here:
http://dontgetlost.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=501&Itemid=263

 
Train on,

Damian

No comments:

Post a Comment